Aight - I've been tagged by a princess – i*maginate, but ofcourse. Cannot disobey royal requests, hence 10 simple pleasures are -
1. evening tea & shisha with childhood friends, reminiscing growing memoirs - being in each other's company totally oblivious to the supersonic changes around us.
2. long drives into Hatta/Khorfakan and Oman in the winter with friends.
3. going for a run in my neighbourhood - staring at the trees & leaves swaying to the wind, reminding myself the number of times I have walked/ran past these trees, the flowers - the neighbourhood park and the very homes over the decades.
4. sitting at starbucks in nyc on a saturday evening, with a good book, my ipod, zero worries and the pleasure to afford a coffee under $2 in Manhattan - when everything else costs an arm, leg and your first born.
5. "dining" on fruit cocktails, other heavenly beverages and loads of shawarmas at Jabal Al Noor with friends.
6. sitting with mom & dad in the garden - just being in their presence, seeing them age, having those silent & “connected” moments with them - holding my nephew and see my childhood gone by, in his eyes.
7. strolling around my mom's garden, staring at her roses - her flowers, plants and this one particular tree, she planted about 23 years ago (which she treats like her own child)
8. the smiles on Ahmed's face - each time my dad or I’ve tipped him over the years (Ahmed, passed away last Feb, he was our laundry man since time immemorial, 34 years to be precise).
9. staring out into my mom’s garden from my bedroom window – and hear her call for supper.
10. lone drives into the desert in my dad’s SUV on a winter afternoon - just sitting on the sand, watch the sunset - just being with the sand, the blue sky, the chilly desert wind, a faint call for prayer faraway – the enigma of being home & the peace within.
Hmmmm who must I tag? oki – moi tag - inspire your mind & localexpat (muhahahaha!) – would love to tag Emirati, but I think he shall possibly drive a hummer over me instead :)