Thursday, January 03, 2008

random thoughts

It's been rather whirlwind couple of weeks - am not sure how (or why) days pass in haste. Christmas, post Christmas/New Year parties amongst casual get together, took a lot of my time. It's quite heart warming to know people sincerely wish to with me, spend time, chat up and have me as part of their celebrations or casual rendezvous.

In many ways, it's been fantastic to be home and reflect upon a few aspects - from self, to changes in people's lives (many of whom I've grown up with) and also changes across the nation. At times, I feel quite distant from most - yet quite attached, just like old times. Confusing and understandable.

However, along with the positive there has been the share of unpleasantness. Most often, I think, I have matured to see & remember the good, and let the unpleasantness pass by. Over the years, I have come to realize, reality can be quite different from (preconceived) perception.

Spending time at home with mom & dad brings most joy. Simple pleasures - as having tea in my mom's garden, casual chats with mom, her home cooking, basic repairs at home or walking into the local café - to a brisk stroll through town or an action packed outing with friends seem precious moments I have always taken for granted back in the days.

Changes across DXB - SHJ leaves me breathless. Am not a huge fan of supersonic changes, however (partly) witnessing DXB transform itself much towards it's ambitious road map is inspiring to say the least. It's not all perfect, however - having lived with it from infancy - witnessing what it has become today feels surreal & inspiring - sort of tells you, nothing is impossible. As for SHJ, well it's home, am quite sentimental - however shall say, if people put a little more thought, a whole lot more can be done for the better.

I have several thoughts to blog/debate on - however (lame excuse) time is quite short. Many more folks to meet, many more newer places to see and couple of personal issues to deal with. I confess I have had some guilt for absence from blogworld.

All said I haven't been this happy for a while. It feels good to have a break, away from the capitalistic madness/rush of amazing New York City (at times I miss it all) and splurge on simple quality moments - quite refreshing, shwarmah for the soul indeed.

8 comments:

i*maginate said...

"However, along with the positive there has been the share of unpleasantness. Most often, I think, I have matured to see & remember the good, and let the unpleasantness pass by. Over the years, I have come to realize, reality can be quite different from (preconceived) perception."

My thoughts at the moment.

You are so positive, rosh, your way inspires me.

I hope you are having a good time here...and enjoying Al Wahda, your local bakery, and the rest of Shj as you love it :)))

Lilliy said...

I am glad to see that you are enjoying you visit home its very heartwarming.. I know what you mean home will always be home.. there is nothing better than a feeling of being surrounded by your family who care and love you and spending quality time with them especially that you live the hectic life of NYC it moves too fast.. when your home the pace slows down usually and you become able to enjoy the moment mind you, your also on vacation and that is the best time to take it all in..
Have loads of fun and relaxation Rosh.. waiting for your next posts always enjoyable. :)

awshubbar said...

hope you enjoyed the holidays! Enjoy them while they last!

Amna_a said...

hope to see a new post soon! :) it's always good to be positive.. and it's really easy to just be negative so props to you for that :D

BuJ said...

hey dude.. how's it going?

i*maginate said...

hey, soz bout the $ issue ;-)

guess u're back in the US now? did you take some bikchars?

inmotion said...

shawarma is good for your soul.

welcome home.. but a little too late no?

rosh said...

Ahlan inmotion: welcome to my blog. Yup, Shwarmah is indeed splendid for the soul :) I love, love and love shwarmahs :)

Please drop by more often.